We are on a mission to change the way people live their everyday life making life easy and enjoyable while they go about their normal day.
Why work with us?
- You’ll get to take on amazing challenges, everyday. Our team is constantly solving the seemingly unsolvable. We’re always innovating, iterating and creating things from scratch.
- We’re a Nigerian company with global ambitions. Pukena offices will soon spring up in other states of the country and beyond to other countries of Africa and the world at large with our headquarters in Lagos.
- We are young but we’re growing fast. There’s plenty of opportunity to tackle challenges, think big and make a huge difference.
- Our work culture is something special. We are passionate about our mission to make life easy for people, and we are passionate about our services. We take every chance to add value to our customers and make them happy.
Current Openings (Full Time)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Start Date: Start ASAP
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Pukena, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Marketing Intern will assist with the creation, management, and tracking of all our social media campaigns. Further, you will assist with the content creation for our blog, and with administrative tasks for the marketing department.
The intern will gain significant experience in the creation and management of social media campaigns, and will benefit from close mentoring from a senior leader within the Pukena team. Specific learning objectives include:
- Design & visual content: Creating visual content that is optimised for different platforms.
- Copywriting: Developing copywriting skills to instantly engage social media and blog audiences.
- Social media campaigns: Measure and analyze social media campaigns to develop relevant insights that inform our strategy.
Successful candidates will meet all or most of these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, graphic design, or communications
- Portfolio that displays high level design skills
- Demonstrated evidence of running a blog
- Excellent writing and content creation skills
- Experience conducting market research in Kenya
- Experience running social media campaigns (please provide links to relevant handles)
- Flexible work attitude: ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and quickly evolving work environment.
Worker Recruitment Associate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Start Date: ASAP
You have a background in recruitment, ideally with artisans and other blue collar workers. You know how to find potential recruits, and are able to assess both their technical qualities and whether they will be good at a job. You have a keen attention to detail, and are very organized, able to manage databases and spreadsheets.
A bit about the role:
As the Worker Recruitment Associate, you will play a key role in ensuring that the Pukena platform recruits high quality professionals. The main areas of work are:
- Using social media to reach out to potential recruits, including adapting recruitment posters, and identifying suitable channels
- Communicating with existing Sourcing partners, to invite people to interview
- Recommending edits to Pukena’s ‘Become a Pukena Pro’ page
2. Administration and Interview Scheduling
- Managing recruitment of database
- Creating schedules for vetting days, and calling/messaging applicants to invite them.
- Ensuring high attendance rates
- Updating database with information of test results
- Conducting quality audits of profiles on database, to ensure fields are not missing
- Ensure rigid adherence to interview SOPs
- Conducting interviews and tests using standard formats
- Contributing to improvements in testing tools
- Facilitating orientation sessions, to train new recruits on the Pukena platform
- Work with recruits to develop new profiles for them
- Recommending changes to the orientation methodology
Successful candidates will have all or most of these qualifications:
- 2 years experience in HR or recruitment
- Experience working with artisans and/or technical trades strongly preferred
- Experience using social media to recruit a plus
- Excellent English writing, including ability to provide evidence of written work
Customer Service & Project Management Intern
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Start Date: 1 February
Full-time for 3 months, with possibility of extension
The Project Management and Customer service intern will be based in the Job Satisfaction Department, which is responsible for managing Pukena Requests (Matching verified professionals to bespoke requests in over 140 categories ranging from cleaners, to masseuses, to plumbers, and tailors). The role involves manning phone lines, and coordinating job or project completion between service providers and customers. S/he will gain significant experience in the ongoing delivery of the core tasks of the Job satisfaction department, which includes and is not limited to customer service, complaint handling and resolution, management of pros behavior amongst others.
The Job Satisfaction intern will gain significant experience in the day-to-day operations of a tech start-up. S/he will benefit from close mentoring from a senior leader within the Pukena team. Specific learning objectives include:
- Customer service -S/he will be responsible for excellent communication with both the customers and pros.
- Project management - S/he will be responsible for quality control for ongoing jobs that includes site/workshop visits to check on the pros work.
Below are a variety of tasks that the intern will work on, however, as a constantly evolving company it is likely that these tasks will grow and change over the internship period.
Job matching- management of queries, site visits and quotations.
- Customer support-providing technical support, responding to any customers inquiries.
- Maintain site visit schedules for jobs that require site supervision/quality control
- Managing communication channels including whatsapp, phone,text, emails and ensuring that customers/pros receives responses in time
- Work with other job satisfaction team members to ensure that requests are seamlessly delivered
- Managing the daily engagement with pros, ensure that they are paid promptly after job delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and self driven
- Degree in business, supply chain management, project management, social sciences or related field.
- At Least 1 year experience in customer service and project management
- Excellent computer skills and experienced in word, excel, google docs. Proficiency in Computer Aided Design programs will be an added advantage.
- A cross-functional team player (to interact with different teams and team leads)
- Ability to work on challenging tasks and provide resolutions to problems.
This is a full time internship and it is expected that the intern will spend the majority of their working hours at the Pukena office in Bode Thomas. The intern will be responsible for communicating and honouring a work schedule that makes them a high performing and dependable member of our team.
Working days (6) - Monday-Friday (and either Saturday or Sunday)
Working hours - 9-6 (based on pre-existing engagements this can be discussed and confirmed at the beginning of the internship.
- Chance to work for one of the Nigeria's fastest growing start ups.
- Have a real impact at a fast-growing startup revolutionising the service delivery space
- Stock options for believing in the project at this early stage. You become stake holders in addition to the agreed salaries
- Work in a highly motivated and inspirational team
How to Apply
To apply to the vacancy, kindly send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com on or before 29th January 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Current Openings (Experts Only)
Professional Cleaners- Apply Here
Nannies- Apply Here
Drivers- Apply Here
Security Guards-Apply Here
House Cooks-Apply Here
Errand Services-Apply Here
Laundry Specialists-Apply Here
Graphics Artists-Apply Here
Content Writer- Apply Here
Front end developer-Apply Here
PowerPoint Designer-Apply Here
Makeup Artist-Apply Here
Event MCs- Apply Here
Event Djs-Apply Here
Auto Mechanics-Apply Here
Academic Tutor-Apply Here
Professional Tutor-Apply Here
Massage Therapist-Apply Here
Pest Control Specialist-Apply Here
Wall Paper Specialist-Apply Here