1. Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
Pukena provides a unique, innovative, community-based online outsourcing service. A failure by a User to provide information requested by us may mean that We are unable to provide some or all of our services to you. Pukena collects personal information when you register with Pukena. This may include, but is not limited to, a User’s name, address, phone number, contact details, birth date, gender, credit card and account details, occupation and interests. We might also give you the option of providing a photo or video to be associated with your Pukena user ID. If a User’s personal details change, it is the User’s responsibility to update his/her Pukena account with those changes, so that we can keep our records complete, accurate and up to date. A User is not anonymous to us when s/he log into the Site or post any content (including task, bids, comments or feedback) on the Site or any associated forum. To enable us to improve our existing services and to create new service features, Pukena may collect, and share with other users and service providers on Pukena, information about the way you use our services, including (but not limited to) the transactions you enter into on the Site, your feedback rating (including any references requested using our 'Reference' feature), the comments a User post, and the transactions you enter into with our valued affiliate service providers.
When a User:
• Use the Site to post a task , or make a bid, or comment on a bid, or provide feedback on other users; or otherwise communicate in a public forum on the Site, your user ID and all the material that you post is visible to other Pukena users and is also publicly available to other internet users. We strongly encourage Users to use caution and discretion when posting.
Pukena does not in any way control, and does not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for, the disclosure or use of personal information which is voluntarily posted by a User in any publicly accessible area of the Site.
Pukena may also receive and record information from a User’s internet browser and computer, including IP addresses, cookies, software and hardware attributes and your page requests. In addition to data collected from your submissions, we may also collect data on a User’s internet behavior from Facebook, other social media sites, and other services. If you use a location- enabled Pukena service, We may collect and process information about your actual location (for example, GPS signals sent by your mobile device). We may also use a range of different technologies to confirm your location. Pukena may use the information collected by it to provide the Pukena Services, including (but not limited to):
• Identification and authentication;
• To protect Pukena and the users of the Site;
• To customise the content and any advertising displayed on the Site;
• To provide, maintain, protect and improve our services;
• Providing your information to a user with whom you have or had a contract facilitated by Pukena;
• As required by law, order of a court, tribunal or regulator or if Pukena reasonably believes that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities;
• To develop new service features;
• To ensure that Pukena receives payment of the fees due to it; • to contact you (for example, to inform you about upcoming changes or improvements to our services);
• To conduct research;
• To permit content on the Site (such as postings or third party advertisements) to be targeted, on an aggregate basis, to the users for whom it is most likely to be relevant; • to expand our user base;
• To develop our relationships with affiliate service providers; • to provide or arrange internal or external verification services obtained by you via the Site; and
• To generate data reports on an aggregated, non-personally identifiable basis, for both internal and third party use, but subject to any applicable laws (for example, We may show advertisers or investors trends relating to the general use of Pukena's services).
A User’s contact information may also be used for accounting, invoicing and billing purposes, marketing purposes, by third party service providers to Pukena, and to respond to any enquiry the User make, in some cases information we collect is transferred overseas.
When you contact Pukena, We may keep a record of the communication(s) between a User and Pukena to help resolve any issues you might have. If other user(s) of the Site already have your userID (or other information identifying you), and you have chosen to upload a photo or other personal information to your Pukena account, We may show those user(s) that personal information.
In certain circumstances We will use your email address to administer our User Agreement (for example, We may notify you of a breach, or action a request for a Take Down Notice in response to a claim of copyright infringement). If We collect, use or disclose any information from you that is not personal information, but is sensitive information (such as information relating to police checks conducted on users of the Site), then We will seek consent directly from you each time we collect, use or disclose your sensitive information, including for direct marketing purposes. We will not use or disclose your sensitive information for any other purpose unless the purpose is directly related to the primary purpose for which your sensitive information was collected.
2. Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers
A User should remember that, while s/he may still be able to use the Site if his/her cookies are disabled, our services may not function properly on the User’s device and s/he may not be able to take advantage of certain Pukena features.
3. Protecting and Maintaining Personal Information
A User’s account is protected by a password for his/her privacy and security. We will take all reasonable steps to protect the information We hold about a User from unauthorized access, use and disclosure, however We cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information, or that our systems will be completely free from third party interception or are incorruptible from viruses. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you send from your computer to us over the Internet will be protected by any form of encryption (encoding software). In light of this, We cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security or privacy of your personal information, including payment and account details. You transmit your personal information to us at your own risk. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of your passwords and/or account information.
4. Third Parties
6. Administrative Communications
Pukena reserves the right to send a User administrative and account-related messages that he/she may not opt-out of. To cease all communications to a User from Pukena , a User must close down his/her Pukena account.
7. Accessing Personal Information
We will allow a User, at any time, to access, edit, update and/ or delete the personal information that We hold about him/her, unless: • We are legally permitted or required to deny him/her access to, and/ or to retain, the information; or • a User makes request(s) that are unreasonably repetitive, require Pukena to make a disproportionate technical effort (for example, to develop an entirely new system), risk the privacy of others, or would be highly impractical to comply with. If a User wishes to access the personal information We hold about him/her, or to delete his/her Pukena account, you should contact us. We need to prevent information in our systems from being accidentally or maliciously destroyed. This means that, where you delete information from our services, residual copies of that information on our active servers, as well as any corresponding information on our back-up systems, may not be immediately deleted.
8. Privacy Concerns